
We haven't kept up on this site very well. Got distracted with heart surgery and then school starting. The kids are all loving school. Owen started kindergarten and the preschoolers started 2 days a week at Owen's old preschool. They are all loving it. Both teachers are great and we have a great start to the year.
Owen, who refused to write or try to read with me all summer, within a month is reading small books. He is just realizing he can do it and it is so fun to watch. He actually said "I'm really reading" followed by an inspired grin spreading across his face. I even teared up for a minute as you could see his confidence and motivations change. It is amazing watching these kids learn.
One month of school changed Owen so quickly. Before I knew it, he was this boy and not such a preschooler. He will hug me and warm up next to me before the bus comes, but the minute the bus comes into sight, he jumps about a foot away so his friends don't see him hugging his mom.
We have a million pictures so I am going to skip trying to show them all to you. I'll just show you Owen's first REAL school picture and then follow up later with our Halloween photos.
We had so much fun this summer and we are all ready for all our favorite holidays that are right around the corner. Halloween seems by far to be Dave's favorite holiday. Our theme this year beats the superhero theme last year and the toy story 2 theme the year before. It is so fun that these kids let Dave and Owen convince them to go with their favorite themes. I will keep you guessing but if you know Dave it won't be hard to figure out. It is going to be a great picture if they all hold still long enough:)
Enjoy Owen's photo. It is the first time I have ever noticed the resemblance between Owen and David:)
1 comment:
That's so funny because when I saw the picture I also thought he looked like David.
Post a Comment