Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Big Decisions
Well we have been thinking, touring and thinking about where Owen should go to school. We really liked one but being #175 on the waiting list I took that as a sure sign it was not going to be. WE also liked another and got into that choice school. I always had the neighborhood school which I had heard great things about. Tonight I thought a bit and then realized I really already knew where I wanted to send my future Kindergarten student. I finally chose Lincoln a K-8 choice school here in Rochester. If you had asked me about 6 months ago I would have told you it wasn't a real issue and he would be attending his neighborhood school. AS the decision got closer I thought maybe I should see what the options are out there. In making this decision now I feel extremely good about my choice and am now just excited. The only problem is my baby is going to Kindergarten. Now, he.. is ready to go, a confident and social little boy who will be 5 in a month and a half. He pauses a minute at each new turn and then glides through every change. He is amazing but that is not my concern. My concern is how many people might talk about me as I follow his bus to school for months and months after school begins. Or how it will effect Owen when I cry the first few times he heads off to school. I cannot believe I'm going to have to let him go to school. I sure hope I will adjust over time. It has helped me to know that a few of my friends did follow their kids buses to school as well:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I bet those kids have changed a lot since your Christmas card photo.
Post a Comment