I have to confess that today I was unaware of my triplets preschool Christmas program. I finally remembered to bring their "show and tell" in and the teacher says we are not doing "show and tell" today because of the program. I said "oh, okay" and smiled. I thought for a second and asked "What program?". The look on her face told me I probably should have known. She gave me the details and went into the classroom. Dave looked at me and said "How did we miss that one?"
Fortunately my irreplaceable friend Kim took Owen out on a play date and took him to school for lunch. I got over there, watched and recorded the program (video posting will be added soon). Dave had a meeting but was able to get there to help pack the kids up. The last several songs of the program were not recorded because the two boys jumped in my lap. They had enough performing for the day. It was a cute performance and I have to say that although my kids were dressed more casually than on an average day, they still shined amongst the sweater vests and pretty dresses:)
So the day goes by and I decide after the kids go bed to head out for some holiday shopping with my good friend Tiffany. There were good things that happened but I'll start with the imperfect things:)
I first had to go to the gas station. The handle of the pump had a little gas on it. I didn't like the smell so I took a baby wipe out to wipe my hands. I figured I would use it to handle the pump the next time and then toss it. Without thinking I grabbed the handle and pulled it out trying to keep from touching the handle. So instead, I grabbed the lever and blew the gas out all over the car, my shoes, my coat and especially my hands. The irony, right? I did go and wash my hands but I was quite fragrant the rest of the night.
Then shopping with my friend, who is about 2 years or so younger than me, we bump into her friend. Her friend asks if I am her mother. I was a little shocked, rather than insulted. Really, do I look like I am in my 50's? someone please let me know. She seemed to notice right away that she was mistaken but it was already out there. Now I cannot shop with Tiffany since she makes me look older than I am:)
On the flip side...earlier today I got to cuddle a lot with Brandon and Evan since they didn't nap well. Ariana usually demands most of my time. crazy little girl that she is:) So it was relaxing. The boys hung out, colored and didn't even fight once. Note that 5 minutes after Ariana woke up the peace left the building. For all of you who got all boys and always wanted that little girl, just remember that she most likely would have been extremely high maintenance, temperamental and moody:)
Anyway with being an old, gas covered mother who failed to know her kids had a Christmas program, I had a great day:)
Friday, December 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Marisa, you make me laugh. :-) Don't ya just love days like that. And with two girls myself, I completely understand what you are saying about little girls! Take care and have a great Christmas!
Post a Comment