Sunday, March 2, 2008

Unbelieveable!!!












I cannot believe that 3 years has gone by so fast. 3 years ago on March 1st I told Dave to stay overnight at the hospital with me because I thought I was going to have the babies. Sure enough March 2nd at around 5ish I called the nurse and told her my water broke. Sitting across the room, still snoozing a bit Dave overhears in shock. I even think he asked me why I didn't tell him first. I just wanted to get someone in there before these babies came out. They came fast too. They had to knock me out because I was about to deliver before the C-section could happen. So at 6:21am, 6:22am, and 6:24am my 3 new babies were born. I don't think I have enough fingers to count how many Doctors/staff they had to get out of bed that morning. Three premature babies with one with known special needs get quite the medical attention.
Owen wasn't even 2 yet but already a great big brother.

Yesterday, the kids were extremely excited still in their cribs waiting to celebrate their birthdays. Ariana was a bit disappointed when she didn't find her princess party downstairs. That is coming this Saturday:)
Owen gave them the gifts he had gotten them and was so happy they loved them. He even said he couldn't help it if he was good at shopping:) Within 20 minutes he had a few tears because he had no toys. He got a few early presents since his birthday is in 6 days but not the presents that would excite him. He must feel like it is Christmas but he was forgotten:)

Anyway we all had a great day yesterday: we went to Pizza Hut for lunch and we went to Quarry Hill, the local nature center. There a lady helped the kids wear a turtle shell and all 4 crawled around on the ground. They looked at snakes, turtles, birds, and lots of skins and fossils. We had a lot of fun and then came home for naps. The kids were very happy celebrating their birthday!

I am adding a lot of photos due to an earlier request for pictures.

No comments: